Hello all my lovely readers,
I have been absent from the keyboard in regards to my blog for a while because I have been busy with editing my books, trying do a million things at once, and creating the cover for my newest book, which I hope to release in June or July. It’s my first adult novel and I’m really excited about it. So, here’s the evolution and a few things I did to make my cover go from a few pictures and some letters to what it is now. I hope you enjoy it.
This was the beginning. I took this picture in a Japanese restaurant and was instantly inspired. Afterwards, I went looking for the right character to make the cover really work. Here it is:
Now, this was a good starting point for my ‘bad boy’, Damian but in the original book, he has blue eyes. So of course, I had to fix that first:
Well, with that fixed (much to my joy) it was time to move on to meshing them together and adding some words:
This is revision six. I was pretty happy with it, after I had learned some cool techniques like ‘feathering’ but there was still something not quite right. So, after playing around with saturation and hue as well as changing all the lettering to white and moving the title down to the bottom of the page, I finally got the end result. I hope you like it.